Вакансія ІТ спеціаліста (System Administrator for the Bibliomist)
TITLE: System Administrator, Bibliomist (Global Libraries – Ukraine)
DIVISION: Civil Society Division
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer, Kyiv, Ukraine
POSITION LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
START DATE: May 2011
IREX seeks a qualified professional to fill the position of System Administrator for the Bibliomist (Global Libraries – Ukraine) Program funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
IREX (the International Research & Exchanges Board) is an international nonprofit organization specializing in education, independent media, Internet development, and civil society programs.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $50 million and a staff of over 500 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 50 countries.
The Bibliomist program will provide Internet facilities to public libraries across Ukraine and provide accompanying training and assistance with advocacy for enhanced library support and services.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: IREX seeks applicants for the position of System Administrator. His/her services will be solicited on a full-time basis to provide technical support and reporting for the Bibliomist project and its various stakeholders. This position is available beginning in May 2011.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop a technical manual for use by librarians to address the majority of technical issues they will face in providing Internet access as a library service, thereby reducing their need for technical support;
- Identify training needs of technical staff of key project partners such as the Ukrainian Library Association and the oblast and raion libraries to inform curriculum development and training activities; Install computers and local area network in Kyiv management office, establish connectivity, and set up a wireless network;
- Maintain the IREX office servers, including mail, http and ftp;
- Maintain office network and ensure protection against viruses and other abuse
- Monitor office connection speed and work with ISP to address issues that arise;
- Assist the CIO in evaluating the performance of the outside tech support firm engaged to assist libraries;
- Assist the CIO in developing technical requirements to inform the procurement process and the Ukrainian Library Association’s national standards for equipment for libraries;
- Stay current in technical literature and inform CIO of new IT solutions that become available for use in libraries;
- Convene regular online forums with technical staff of oblast libraries to exchange information and best practices on technical issues and solutions.
- Higher education in IT related disciplines;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a technical support position;
- Experience in installing and maintaining local area networks, including wireless solutions;
- Knowledge of collaborative online tools such as wikis, forums, blogs, and social networking websites and of best practices in using online tools for development;
- Experience in Web design, databases, website administration and/or management of Web design projects;
- Knowledge of information security concepts;
- Certificates from well known institutions will be considered as additional advantage;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Fluency (written and oral) in Ukrainian and/or Russian required, in English preferred.
TO APPLY Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary history with System Administrator in the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered.