GrowJo announces 10k fastest growing companies and Ukrainian companies are included
The GrowJo project has released a list of 10,000 fastest growing technology companies. Unlike traditional rankings, like Inc 5000 and Fortune 500, the selection process was automatic — they did not have to apply or pay to get into the list. GrowJo also takes into account only companies with staff below 1,000 employees.
The startup analyzes up to 20 different metrics about the business to display its own index, taking into account funding, recruitment rates, and other indicators. According to the GrowJo algorithm, the higher the final rating is the more chance of successful development the company has.
A list of 10,000 companies is available for free. The list includes only companies with registration in the US and Canada, Western Europe, India, and Australia. The top place was taken by Lime, an American service that provides electric scooters for rent.
AIN.UA editors prepared a list of companies with Ukrainian roots or offices in Ukraine. The list is not exhaustive and is subject to updates:
- Verbit.ai (29th place), an Israeli company that develops a service for transcribing and creating subtitles. Verbit has an R&D center in Ukraine.
- GitLab (158th place), a service that hosts git repositories, and the main competitor of GitHub. In October 2018, GitLab raised $100 million and was valued at $1 billion. Dmitry Zaporozhets, co-founder of the project, in the interview to AIN.UA, said that the company “can be called a Ukrainian startup”.
- 3DLook (545th place), a Ukrainian AR startup that works on the technology of scanning the human body by a photo. Last year 3DLook attracted $1 million from U. Ventures and 500 Startups.
- People.ai (772nd place), a startup with Ukrainian roots, which develops AI platform for sales departments. In total, it attracted $37 million.
- DreamTeam (1,242nd place), a platform and payment gateway for esports and gaming, founded by Alexander Kokhanovskyy. In September 2018, DreamTeam received $5 million from Mangrove Capital Partners.
- OSF Global Services (3,457th place), a system integrator with offices in Lviv, Odesa, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Chernivtsi.
- PDFfiller.com (4,112th place), a service for electronic document management with revenue of $10 million in 2016. Over 500 employees work in the company’s Kyiv office.
- Wirex (4,474th place), a UK-based company with an R&D office in Kyiv.
- Playwing (4,578th place), a Game Studio with an office in London and a branch in Kharkiv. The company is owned by Ubisoft, Guillemot Corporation and Longtail Studios.
- Valtech (5,593rd place), a global digital agency with 5 offices in Ukraine. The offices are located in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv, and Chernivtsi.
- Digicode (6,116th place), an American outsourcing developer with offices in Kyiv and Poltava.