Startup with office in Kyiv raises $4M from Draper Associates
Unstoppable Domains, an American blockchain startup, raised round A in the amount of $4 million from venture capital firm Draper Associates, according to Kateryna Furtak, the director of the Kyiv office.
- The company was founded in San Francisco in 2018, it is engaged in domain registration on the blockchain.
- Its founders come from Talkable, one of them is a vice president of development, Ukrainian Bohdan Husev.
- In Kyiv, the startup has a representative office, four employees work there, but by the end of the year, the startup plans to employ more people to the Kyiv team by hiring more developers and project managers.
- The startup is creating its own domain zones (so far only .zil is available) and sells domains in them to users at prices starting from $10. Customers receive their own .zil domains, which are stored in the wallet in the same way as cryptocurrency. The service is built on the Zilliqa blockchain, and the content is stored in IPFS or similar decentralized networks.
- In December 2018, the startup has already attracted a seed round from Boost VC in the amount of $730,000, and also received grants from the Ethereum Foundation and Zilliqa Foundation. Partnership with the latter one led to the creation of the .zil domain zone.