Ukraine ranks 2nd worldwide by the growth of orders on AliExpress. Average order value – $2
The number of orders by Ukrainians on AliExpress increased by 70% for 10 months in 2019. Thus, Ukraine ranks second in terms of growth rates on the marketplace. Such data was published by the national postal operator Ukrposhta, which delivers most of the parcels from the marketplace to Ukraine.
- Ukraine entered the top 10 countries in terms of the total value of products bought on AliExpress in 2019. For the three quarters, Ukrposhta delivered more than 20 million items from China, most of them were from online stores.
- According to Ukrposhta, more than 30% of Chinese deliveries are products costing up to $2.
- The most popular categories are: “phones and accessories,” “electronics,” and “car accessories.”
- Most often, the products on Chinese websites are ordered by Ukrainians aged 24-35 years. More than half of them are shopping on AliExpress via their smartphones.
- Products from AliExpress are in the highest demand among the residents of Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, and Kharkiv regions. 56% of the ordered Ukrainian parcels from China, Ukrposta delivered to these regions.