Forbes updates the world’s richest people list. It includes 6 Ukrainians
Forbes has updated its annual world’s billionaires list. The 34th list includes 2,095 people, 58 fewer than a year ago. The world’s billionaires are worth $8 trillion, which is $700 billion less than last year.
The top 10 billionaires are in the list:
- Jeff Bezos (US), the founder of Amazon, is ranked first for the third year in a row. His wealth is estimated at $113 billion;
- Bill Gates (US), the co-founder of Microsoft, goes second in the list. He is worth $98 billion;
- Bernard Arnault and his family are ranked No. 3. He is a French magnate, Chairman and CEO of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton, the world’s leading luxury products group, with a $76 billion fortune. They are ahead of Warren Buffet for the first time this year;
- Warren Buffett (US) who runs Berkshire Hathaway, was ranked No. 4 with a net worth of $67.5 billion;
- Fifth on the list is Larry Allison (US), founder of Oracle, with a net worth of $59 billion;
- Amancio Ortega (Spain), the founder of Inditex, is number six with a net worth of $55.1 billion;
- Mark Zuckerberg (US), co-founder and CEO of Facebook, lost $7.6 billion last year, and he is at No. 7 with $54.7 billion;
- Jim Walton (US) is the youngest son of Sam Walton, founder of Walmart. Currently, he owns almost half of Walmart shares and has a fortune of $54.6 billion.
- Alice Walton (US) is No. 9 on the list with a net worth of $54.4 billion. She is the only daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton;
- Rob Walton (US), the elder son of Walmart founder Sam Walton, concludes the top ten. His fortune is $54.1 billion.
In 2020, Forbes list includes six dollar billionaires among Ukrainians.
- Rinat Akhmetov remains the richest Ukrainian with a net worth of $2.4 billion. This year he lost 600 positions and dropped to 875th place in the ranking.
- Victor Pinchuk, the founder of EastOne, is ranked No. 1,670 and is worth 1.3 billion.
- PrivatBank Group members Hennadii Boholyubov with $1.2 billion (No. 1,816) and Ihor Kolomoyskyy with $1 billion (No. 2,105) are also included to the list.
- Yuriy Kosiuk heads MHP, Ukraine’s biggest producer of poultry, is ranked No. 1,966 with a net worth of 1.1 billion.
- The founder of Ferrexpo, Konstantin Zhevago, with $1 billion is ranked No. 1,991.
Vadim Novinsky, the founder of Smart-Holding, dropped out of the list, whose net worth, according to the magazine’s calculations, did not reach $1 billion this year.