Hiring marketplace Vettery acquires Hired, a company founded by a Ukrainian Allan Grant
Vettery, the AI-driven job search platform that matches qualified and individually-vetted candidates with companies, announced the acquisition of Hired, the job search marketplace founded by the Ukrainian Alexandr Sapov (Allan Grant).
According to Techcrunch, the two companies plan to merge and create a unified solution that brings together the best of both platforms. The financial terms of the deal are not disclosed.
Hired was co-founded by Mykolaiv-born Alexandr Sapov, who currently lives in the United States and is better known as Allan Grant. Previously, he played the role of CTO at the company, but in 2016, he and other co-founders left operational management – they were replaced by hired top managers.
Hired uses AI-powered intelligent job matching to help tech talent find a job they love at the world’s most innovative companies. It rigorously vets every candidate before they are accepted to the platform, resulting in a marketplace of high-intent candidates with a 90 percent response rate and 60 percent of candidates accepting an interview. The company receives 15 percent of the annual salary of an employee hired on the platform.
During its existence, the company has raised over $130 million. Previously, AIN.UA published a detailed interview on the development of Alexandr Sapov’s entrepreneurial career.
Vettery and Hired merger
Vettery started its operations in 2014 and two years ago was acquired by Adecco Group for $100 million.
Vettery CEO, Josh Brenner, told Techcrunch that the company’s development plan is to create a single “unified solution” that brings together the best of both platforms, and their customer bases coincide by only 5 percent.
According to Vettery, in the next few months, the companies will launch a combined solution that will include the best of both platforms:
- Data from 1.5 million interviews and over 21,000 placements helping to create the leading predictive AI-based algorithms in the industry
- Combined expertise in over 75 roles and 325,000 skills connecting over 17,000 companies
- Over 3 million assessed candidates with 100% guaranteed response rate
- Custom technical assessments integrated into the automated interview process
- Bias reduction features including gender-equal salary offer recommendations and photo and name removal in search results