Glovo opens engineering office in Ukraine, looking for Director
Glovo, a startup out of Spain which has been operating in the Ukrainian market for several years, is launching an engineering office in Kyiv. The job opening for the Site Lead has been published on the company’s website.
“We are looking for a Ukraine Engineering Site Lead to grow our engineering presence in Kyiv, Ukraine. In this role, you’ll be the first and founding member of the Ukrainian engineering team and help us rapidly build out a team in Kyiv, partnering with the Kyiv-based regional leadership team,” the job description reads.
This person will report directly to the company’s CTO, and one of his or her main tasks will be to hire developers who can work on Glovo platforms and products.
Key qualifications required:
- Experience operating large scale distributed systems and leading large engineering teams
- Experience in working with international teams
- Experience as an engineering leader in a fast-paced, product-focused, and agile development environment
- Experience working proactively
- Ability to understand the impact of changes within an engineering organization and how best to manage that impact
- Excellent spoken and written English
The company clarifies that even if candidates do not meet 100% of the requirements, they can still apply.