Etsy stops registration of new shops from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, and other countries
Starting from the end of April 2021, new sellers from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and other countries cannot sign up on Etsy. That is due to the new rules of the platform, vc.ru reports.
- In most locations where Etsy Payments is not currently available, new shops are temporarily unable to onboard to Etsy. As of April 26, 2021, most sellers opening new shops on Etsy are required to onboard with Etsy Payments.
- Etsy Payments is not available in Ukraine. Click here to find out where the service is available.
- Etsy confirmed this information and promised to work on expanding the availability of Etsy Payments in other countries.
- The company also noted that if you have previously created a draft shop but did not open it, you will not be able to launch it now either. If you have a closed shop, you most likely will not be able to reopen it unless you can accept Etsy Payments.
- Etsy added that the Etsy Payment service is necessary for secure transactions and comfortable payment of purchases by users.