World’s best universities ranking includes eight Ukrainian institutions
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), a British company specialising in the analysis of higher education institutions around the world, has published the 18th release of the global ranking of universities called QS World University Rankings 2022. Representatives of the center told AIN.UA.
This year’s list features the largest number of Ukrainian universities in its history, eight. Out of them, the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv was included in the ranking for the first time. Another six universities retained their positions. Among them are the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Sumy State University, and National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.
However, V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University dropped from the top 500 to 511-520. Massachusetts Institute of Technology has been the leader of the overall ranking for 10 years.
The best Ukrainian universities hold the following positions in the rankings:
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University – 511-520 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 477)
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv – 601-650 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 601-650)
- Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute – 651-700 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 651-700)
- Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute – 701-750 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 701-750)
- Sumy State University – 701-750 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 701-750).
- Lviv Polytechnic National University – 801-1,000 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 801-1,000)
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv – 1,001-1,000
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy – 1,001-1,200 (in the previous edition of the ranking – 1,001-1,200)
The top ten universities in the world in this ranking are::
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Oxford
- Stanford University
- University of Cambridge
- Harvard University
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Imperial College London
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- UCL – London’s Global University
- University of Chicago