On October 18, 2021, Scopely, a US-based mobile game developer and publisher, announced the acquisition of GSN Games, the gaming division of Sony’s Game Show Network (GSN).
Scopely, a company that has in its portfolio such game titles as Wheel of Fortune: Free Play, The Walking Dead: Road to Survival, and Star Trek: Fleet Command, will acquire GSN Games from Sony Pictures Entertainment in a deal worth about $1 billion.
Half of this amount will be paid in cash and the remainder in equity of the acquiring company, giving GSN Games a minority stake in Scopely.
In November 2019, Sony Pictures Entertainment, which had already owned 58% of Game Show Network at the time, bought the remaining 42% from mobile operator AT&T for $380 million. And now, Scopely is acquiring the GSNgaming division from Sony.
The portfolio of GSN Games includes such games as Casino, Bingo Bash, Solitaire TriPeaks, and WorldWinner. It has an office in Ukraine.
The Kyiv office of GSN Games was opened on the base of the acquired Zaporizhzhia studio Idle Games, which had previously bought its contractor — Zaporizhzhia outsourcing company Trafford. According to DOU, the Ukrainian office of the company employs up to 80 professionals, with the total number of employees worldwide being about 400.
WordPress Social Login is not configured yet! Please visit the Settings\ WP Social Login administration page to configure this plugin. For more information please refer to the plugin online user guide or contact us at hybridauth.sourceforge.net