New rules for entering Ukraine for foreigners and Ukrainians: unvaccinated people must install the Vdoma app
In October 2021, the Ukrainian government changed the rules for entering Ukraine. Ukrainian citizens and foreigners who do not have a vaccination certificate must install the Vdoma application. This requirement was canceled for the time Ukraine was in the ‘green’ zone but has been resumed again.
A new version of the application will work a bit differently. AIN.UA describes how you should proceed now by crossing the border.
- All unvaccinated people who come to Ukraine need to install Vdoma for the next 72 hours until the application gets information about a negative PCR test or an antigen test. After that, you can delete the application. There is no need anymore to pass control via geolocation and face recognition as it used to be.
- The test must be done only in a lab certified by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- If it is negative, the Vdoma app will get information about that. If it is positive, you will need to stay for the next 14 days at a place you set during the app installation.
- In case that someone crossed the border and did not make a test within the following 72 hours, the application will be deactivated and will notify the police. After getting a notification, the police officers can visit and check you at the address you set as your self-isolation place.
- The foreigners who do not have a vaccination certificate and refuse to install the Vdoma app would be banned from visiting Ukraine. Ukrainians must stay home for 14 days of observation in such a case.
To sign up for the Vdoma app, you have to provide the following information:
- first name, second name, patronymic (if any)
- passport series and number
- place of self-isolation
- phone number
About the Vdoma app
Vdoma (formerly called ‘Dii.Vdoma’) is a mobile application for monitoring self-isolation launched by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine on April 7, 2020. Initially, the app monitored self-isolation for people arriving in Ukraine by checking geolocation and taking selfies to confirm it. Also, it was possible to call for emergency medical assistance from the app.
On June 16, 2021, the Cabinet of Ministers canceled the mandatory self-isolation, and the Vdom app was disabled while Ukraine was in the green zone. Until October 2021, Ukrainian citizens and tourists could freely cross the border of Ukraine. During that time, “Vdoma” was updated, according to the Ministry of Digital Transformation.