We are looking for a 2nd line Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise level of technical support to our customer and users via email, chat and other support channels as required. As Technical Support Engineer, your typical working hours will be around 40 hours a week, but the days and times might vary (to make sure the helpdesk is open for business 24/7).
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- 1-2 years previous experience in a technical support role
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple active support cases, effectively “switch gears” and manage multiple time-critical tasks
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems, utilities, and scripting
- Hands-on experience on one of the following core technologies including:
– Operation systems: Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), Windows Server
– Application servers like Apache, Tomcat, IIS (is a plus), JBoss (is a plus), Websphere (is a plus), Weblogic (is a plus)
– Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL (is a plus), Cassandra (is a plus), Kafka (is a plus)
– Clouds: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure (is a plus)
– Monitoring tools: ELK, Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch, Kibana
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- English skills Intermediate Strong or better. Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written (email, documentation, etc.).
- Education: Degree in Computer Science or similar
Perfectial is a business-oriented software development company committed to helping businesses kickstart, develop, and succeed. We have implemented innovative ideas that allowed businesses — large and small — to scale, evolve, and prosper in a range of business domains. Our competence in working with modern platforms and frameworks is recognized and highly valued within the U.S. and European markets.
With over 200 professionals in-house, including project managers, solutions architects, .Net, Java, Ruby on Rails, Python and Node.js developers, UI/UX design and Quality Assurance teams, we offer full-cycle of software engineering: from initial identification of business requirements to system testing, deployment, and maintenance.
Perfectial is a strong team of like-minded professionals where engineering talents are our most valued asset. In relationships, we value honesty, openness, and transparency, first of all with our team members who allow us to create a comfortable work environment and achieve tremendous results.